The total labor force of Andrews is 8,808. 8,430 are employed. The Andrews Unemployment rate is 4.3%.
- DIGITAL TELEPHONE: Suddenlink & Windstream Comm.
- HI-SPEED INTERNET: Suddenlink & Windstream Comm.
- ELECTRICITY: TXU Electric Delivery (Reliability-99.98)
- WATER: City of Andrews, from 16 wells in two fields, with 3 mgd. usage and 10 mgd. capability.
- NATURAL GAS: Texas Gas Service (BTU-1,000)
- SEWER: Modern disposal plant has capacity for a town of 20,000; Maximum-1,800,000 mgd.
Andrews is the County Seat of Andrews County located on east-west highway State 176; north-south highway U.S. 385, and northeast-southwest highway State 115. Interstate 20 is also easily accessible by multiple routes. The Andrews County Airport offers three runways; the longest is 5,815 feet and lighted. Self-service fuel and instrument landing system available. Commercial airline service is available at nearby Midland International Air& Space Port (37 miles, 560,000 boardings per year). Freight carriers serving Andrews include Central Freight, Airborne Express, DHL, UPS and Federal Express (Fed-Ex).
- MEDICAL: One 40-bed county hospital, state-of-the-art emergency rooms, 90-bed long-term care facility, 12 doctors, 4 dentists, two optometrists, and two pharmacists.
- EDUCATION: Texas Education Agency “Recognized” district. Three elementary schools, one renovated middle school, and a renovated high school, which features the Andrews Performance Center.
- HIGHER EDUCATION: Andrews Business & Technology Center. Odessa College, (27 mi.) UT-Permian Basin (27 mi.)
- MOTELS: Five motels with 300 rooms and 1 bed and breakfast. Rooms for extended stays are available at three of the five motels.
- RESTAURANTS: 25 restaurants; variety of menus.
- BANKS: Two banks with total deposits of $117,000,000.
- CREDIT UNIONS: One credit union with $5,970,000 in total deposits.
- NEWS MEDIA: One bi-weekly newspaper; one radio station.
POPULATION: 2014 (est.)
- City: 13,245
- County: 17,477
Home Rule form of government; five council members and a mayor. 17 police officers and 24 EMS professionals (All City of Andrews police officers are cross-trained as certified EMS professionals.) 45 volunteer fire fighters, 13 fire fighting vehicles and four fully equipped ambulances.
TAX RATE: (per $100 Assessed Value)
|Andrews County Hospital||$0.38650|
|State Sales Tax||$0.06250|
|Municipal Sales Tax||$0.01500|
|Economic Development Tax||$0.00500|
INCENTIVES: (Subject to AEDC Board Approval)
- ½ cent Sales Tax for Economic Development
- Free Land in Two Business Parks
- Tax Abatement (up to 10 yrs. at 100%)
- Job Creation Grants
- No Development Fees
- Expedited permitting process
- Industrial Revenue Bond
MAJOR AREA EMPLOYERS:
|Permian Regional Medical Ctr.||350||Medical|
|Kirby West Company||250||Vacuum Cleaners|
|Waste Control Specialists||150||Waste Disposal|
|Dennis Porter Inc.||75||Grocery & Retail|
Petroleum, Natural Gas, Liquefied Petroleum Gas, Natural Gasoline, Sulphur, Beef Cattle, Cotton, and Grain
Download a PDF of the Community Profile here